Yet another product from the android family, and it went beyond the expectations of the Taiwan based company. It has some remarkable features which have made this phone an instant success. The reasonable features along with a comparatively cheaper price are the reason behind its popularity.
- Smart Processor: A hefty “Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250” processor is the beast which runs under the hood of this beauty. The processor has been under-clocked a little to 768 MHz to save energy and prevent heating problems, but it is still a mighty processor for a smart-phone. It is the backbone of the instant loading of web pages, smooth browsing through GPS maps, running faster and graphics intensive applications like streaming and yet an unrivalled battery life. Real mass storage comes with the “Acer liquid” phone. It supports microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO up to a capacity of 32 GB along with an inbuilt memory of 512 MB and a SDRAM of 256 MB. With this huge capacity – it is simply unstoppable. The phone also features a 3.5 mm headphone jack and a microUSB slot.
- Intuitive User Interface: The thing which complements to the beauty of the Acer Liquid is the android platform. The phone comes with android version 1.6 “donut” and is officially upgradeable to android 2.1 “éclair” the operating system of the phone is tweaked very little and it runs as smooth as butter. It is also the reason behind its smooth connectivity with any device be it a pc, another smart-phone or a wireless device. Multitasking is even better than before with the task switching feature, showing real-time screenshots of the open applications.
- TechSpecs: There is also a sporty 4.9 megapixel accelerated autofocus camera with geo-tagging, ISO, and self-timer at the back of the phone from which you can expect nothing but high performance. The large 3.5” high definition capacitive screen dominates the look and it is joined by four buttons, namely home, search, back and menu. It sports connectivity almost of all types you can imagine – Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11g, GPD with A-GPS. It also has a tri-band with HSPDA 850/1900/2100 MHz. It supports Quad-band GSM/GPRS operating at 850/900/1800/1900 MHz. Including the manufacturers’ battery, the weight is about 135 grams. The included battery is of 1350mAh. Batteries from third party battery manufacturer “Mugen Power” is available at ratings of 1550 mAh and 3100 mAh.
- Social Networking: Networking on the go is also a very integrated part of this Acer Liquid. It provides an instant access to Facebook, YouTube, Picasa, and Flicker. Spinlets custom android apps are available streaming media. Options are provided to automatically upload images and videos to YouTube and Flicker. Acer is also offering WaveSecure, a mobile security platform free of cost to all those handsets registered before January. Acer has also taken synchronization to the next level. The new synchronisation software seamlessly integrates with outlook email, calendar and contacts over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or the USB.
- Nemo Player: Acer liquid has an integrated all-in-one viewer application called “nemoPlayer”. It is simple to use and integrated platform for pictures music and video